Blockers Not Bullies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad apple in the Pack

2 posters

Go down

Bad apple in the Pack Empty Bad apple in the Pack

Post by smy Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:12 pm

On our team there is an individual who comes to practice and many times it is evident that she is in a fowl mood. She resist doing drills, makes comments to players about not wanting to do certain drills, etc. There is a lot of tension coming from her and while we scrimmage she picks on players, by targeting them and commenting inappropriately towards them. I have been on the receiving end of this along with most other members of my team. We don't know how to approach the subject because she can be very defensive, even when approached in a non attacking way.
There is a catch, she started the league, and the team, but her attitude is causing some of our players to think about not playing on our team anymore.

We have a great team, we are top in our league, it would be a shame for this bad apple to spoil the whole team.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks,

SMY

smy

Back to top Go down

Bad apple in the Pack Empty Re: Bad apple in the Pack

Post by Admin Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:58 am

SMY,

I would try putting myself in her shoes... My first thought is that her defensive behavior is justified in her own mind. Aside from that no one person is ever perfect, maybe she feels that no one cares about all the thankless work she put into the league.

Maybe we could advise better with after more details...
Derby <3
BNB
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://blockersnotbullies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FF Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:00 am

I think this is sometimes known as "Founders Curse"! Once a league starts growing independantly of a founder, they can sometimes get a little crazy/upset. Get your league to spend a bit of time recognising and making her feel appreciated for her contributions to your league/team (it might be hard with her current attitude, but try to remember and focus on some past or current positives), and you may see changes in her behaviour.

FF

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:17 am

Very good advice FF
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://blockersnotbullies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content