Blockers Not Bullies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not sure if this counts, but...

Go down

Not sure if this counts, but... Empty Not sure if this counts, but...

Post by Anon77 Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:44 pm

This is something that I need another set of ears on. To clarify my confusion and lack of social graces, I have trouble understanding certain social situations so it ends up with my being unable to speak up at times.

I have been with my league for over two years now. When I couldn't skate, I would NSO a lot. This past spring, I was asked not to NSO because of mistakes other Zebras were noticing and that the head reff wanted a crew that knew what they were doing (This is from what I remember the reff saying, so I am trying to recall all of it.). I told them that I would take the season off from NSOing so I could focus on learning the rules better and get a better grasp on the positions. The thing is, the reff never told me who noticed any mistakes I made while working as a NSO. I didn't understand why I had to stop; I was to in shock to ask. The following bouts I noticed that they would use cadet players or people that were from other leagues (whom I love). Nowadays, I am too nervous to ask if it's okay to come back to NSO for the next season for bouts (I would NSO when we had inter-league scrimmages) because I don't know what kind of answer I might get.

That is one bit.

For about a year I was going to school at night, so I ended up missing practices that were on the days I had class. The team was fine with it. However, when I finally could come back to practices again, I was pulled over and asked why I was skating when I was an NSO. I wasn't aware that it was one or the other. They told me that they were confused, and just wanted to clarify. I ended up not skating for five months. Flash forward to two months ago, I wanted to come back to skating. While many of the skaters were happy to see me back on skates, a few told me they were "confused" again. The whole one or the other thing came up again.

Can someone please explain to me why is it that this happens? I understand that they want to train people so they can become better, but I don't understand this. Please, tell me that it's not in my head and clear up all of this "confusion" for me.

Anon77

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum