Blockers Not Bullies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left league due to bad atmosphere and ppl creating drama

Go down

Left league due to bad atmosphere and ppl creating drama Empty Left league due to bad atmosphere and ppl creating drama

Post by Frustrated roller Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:14 pm

I wouldn't say I was directly bullied by my own league, but I watched n tried stopping a certain teammate constantly attack other members of the team. It's done in a passive aggressive manner, and she always made out she hadn't done anything wrong n ppl were just taking her the wrong way (which was always followed with a passive aggressive remark).
For months the atmosphere was a very negative one to be in, top that off with the teams future stagnating due to new leadership. It became unbearable to be around. I tried as hard as I could to stay (6months of wanting to quit) but stayed as I felt guilty if I left. I treated everyone as a teammate (including said bully) but I had become very unhappy there, especially when a very close friend and teammate quit due to the bully.
Now I have left I felt a massive weight lift from my shoulders. I'm still in contact with 2 members, but feel like the rest of the team have now disowned me and the friendship we once had. It's made trusting ppl very difficult. I'm trying to keep positive as I am joining a new league who seem to have it all together. I just worry that it's killed the true love I had for derby and feel I must move forward using lots of caution.

Frustrated roller

Back to top Go down